Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Tradition #38 Sports

We're are one hyped up family....Super Bowl is coming home to Tampa so of course we're getting ready for all the festivities and fun that will begin flooding Tampa. We all love sports...some of us love different ones, but we're all sports fans! We collect "Sports" movies of every kind, we get into EVERY playoff of anything that has to do with winning and losing. So yeah, I guess you could say we're true "Fan"atics of sports!

With Super Bowl less than 2 weeks away, March Madness right around the corner, NASCAR kicking off this coming weekend, we're looking for some family fun to begin. If you're a sports family OR if "dad" is and he would like to maybe get some of his family into a little bit more here are some great ideas!

My husband originally started this tradition in our home to get our daughters into football. I'm a HUGE NFL fan, so he expected them to jump right in with us....but I'm not so sure I was a die hard at 13 and 15 years old. But he wasn't going to wait for them....they were jumping on the bandwagon right now.

As a family we do Monday Night FB squares, Super Bowl Squares, Fantasy Football, NCAA Bowl game brackets, March Madness Brackets....pretty much squares and brackets of every kind for every sporting event. But we don't use money....

Everyone has a list of things that are pretty much FREE. No dishes for a week, no chores for 2 weeks, chocolate cake, bike ride every day after school for a week, etc. Whoever wins gets their wish granted and the other people in the family have to pull together to give the winner their "prize". It's been a lot of fun to see our entire family get involved and have some passion about the same thing and it's always fun to win and/or give the winner their prizes. We usually all benefit from it and it's just one more tradition that we can enjoy as a family.

post signature

7 comments:

Mary in MN said...

When my youngest daughter, now 32, was in high school, the Super Bowl was held in Minneapolis. She played trumpet in a band that played at the pre-game show. They practiced nearly every night for over a month for a performance that lasted only about 15 minutes. However, she still remembers the experience, and a few years ago donated the trumpet she played to an autistic boy with a musical talent.

Sweet Blessings said...

Hi! Ok- I'm a little confused here. I do not watch football on my own, but since my sister-n-law has lived with us the interest for my daughters has been turned up several notches. Is this a form you make up? Or do you download it somewhere and then adapt it? Sorry for the confusion-thanks for posting.

Missy said...

How awesome! I wanted to get down and take pics of all the stuff they are putting up around the stadium, but security is pretty tight.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

My brother and sis-in-law live in Tampa. I would looooove to be there for the Superbowl, especially since it's THE STEELERS! WOOHOOO!

I like your idea about the wishes! I think we'll do that next year! :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That sounds like such a fun way to get the whole family involved. We do a Fantasy NFL League with my extended family, but my daughter is too young to get into it. I will have to remember this for when she is older! :)
Carrie

Linda said...

We do this here too ... March Madness is our big one. What fun.

Anonymous said...

I love March Madness. Can't wait to place my bets.