Friday, January 30, 2009

Confessions of an Ex-Scrapbooker #26

What to do with all my junk? I have endless piles of paper and embellishments from my SB-day's. Even though I don't scrapbook anymore, I still like crafting with my hands and glue and getting it in my hair and such. So I've been trying to think of ways to use all junk up. So here's my latest project....

(sorry about the ugly photography, but my camera decided to break! only got 2 pics UGH!)

This is a cute little 4x6 recipe collection. Easy-Peasy!

Ingredients:

  • One pack of 4x6 recipe cards/index cards
  • One metal ring (can't remember the name of them...but they open and close)
  • Scrapbook paper and embellishments
  • Glue stick

All I did was gather a collection of favorite recipes. You can print directly onto the cards or you can print on paper and glue to cards. You can get as creative as you want with any clip art or pictures on the actual recipes. Sorry, no picture...camera Ka-pood on me! GRRR!

I then divided them up into the following categories:

Appetizers

Soups & Salads

Main Dishes

Side Dishes

Desserts

You can see my little "Sweet" divider for the Dessert section....I've had that little embellishment FOR YEARS! It finally found a home!

You can make dividers using the 4x6 cards. Then punch holes in the top corner, put the ring through it and then I tied little pieces of ribbon around the ring....had that ribbon for years too!

The cover was a piece of the scrapbook paper that I cut out in the same measurements as the card and I glued it onto the 4x6 card. I found the cute little metal tag and then printed out the Title "Secret Ingredients" and just laid and glued them down. Nothin' special ladies.

So I'm going to start making these for my FRIENDS for their birthdays. It's free, easy, and personal. You can design and create ANYTHING you want....my ideas are flowing right now as I type. I'll save it for next week. ;O) Oh, yeah....they ship in a little envelopes or wrap up really cute!

If you have any ideas or projects you've done using your old scrapbooking stuff, email me at tarabrown at cherishbound dot com so we can share it with everyone.

Happy Crafting!!

post signature

10 comments:

Da Bergs said...

Oh my goodness, I love your fun blog! You have a new follower!!!

C Mommy said...

Please remember my birthday! Sept. 15th :) - Darling - you've out done yourself again!

Unknown said...

I love your blog. It's fun, informative and I'll definitely be back for more! Thumbs up on this post:)

Maopa

Debbie said...

Oh, that is so clever! I love the idea of those for gifts.

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

What a great idea! LOVE this. I have so much paper around my house too - and don't scrapbook much anymore either (kinda glad to know I'm not the only one). :) I'm going to try this out. I've been trying to make "paper flowers" out of my scrapbook paper too...I'll keep you posted when I have pics of them.

CC said...

What a cute idea!! But event hat requires more energy than I have right now... ;)

Nell said...

Oh I just couldn't get into scrapping. Too much stuff!

:--) Nell
CasualFridayEveryday.com
Twitter.com/casualeveryday

Mammatalk said...

Wow. You are one organized lady. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm constantly looking for more traditions and ways to bond my family. I'm LDS too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a neat project!

I just found your blog, please feel free to stop by and say hello at my blog as well!