Thursday, January 15, 2009

Storytime ♥ Dirty Joe the Pirate


This book will be every little brother's favorite!
From what I hear...the tale of "Dirty Joe the Pirate" is a true story.....

Author and storyteller Bill Harley writes another amazing book and Jack E. Davis illustrates wonderful pictures that drifts the imagination off on a wild adventure. I've had the pleasure of meeting Bill Harley and listening to his memorizing storytelling on more than one occasion...and he's BRILLIANT!

"Out upon the briny deep where the wild and wet winds blow,

There sailed a cruel and evil man, the pirate Dirty Joe.

He sailed upon the scummiest craft that ever left the docks

He roamed the world and seven seas in search of dirty socks.

So begins the tale of Dirty Joe the pirate. But he is about to meet his match---

“It's Stinky Annie” someone said, “and her band of smelly varmints.

She captures every boat she can and takes their undergarments.”

The war for socks and underwear has now begun"

I just ♥ this book! The clever rhyming and brilliant story make this a great book for families and little brothers!!

5 comments:

Maki said...

Hello:)

Thank you soooo much for supporting my big day yesterday!!! It means a lot to me:)

I love Michael Bubble - great song choice..

xoxo

Unknown said...

I've seen other books by this author, but not this one. I am cracking up over the dirty socks and underwear.

BTW--I tagged you on my blog (play along if you are interested)

Star Forbis said...

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog today & Laughing with me.
Come back anytime.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I will have to look into locating this book, it looks like one we would like at our house.

Abby said...

I haven't read this one. It looks really cute! We don't have any little brothers in our house yet, but maybe someday! I bet some of my kids at school would love it too!