Friday, March 27, 2009

Confessions of an Ex-Scrapbooker #30 - I Ain't No Martha, but...

I ain't no Martha....but come on, you have to admit that many of her ideas are just blissfully charming... Well, if they are all her ideas, which I doubt. I'm sure she's got the MOST amazing crew of people digging up ideas and inventing everything up....but whoever is behind the scenes, I think they rock and when I grow up I'd love to be one of Martha's secret idea people... (LOL!)

I got my first FREE issue of Martha Stewart Living...yes, got an entire year for free thanks to one of my frugal blog moms...wish I could remember which one of you it was, but I think was I am Frugal...anyway, first magazine arrives and I'm drooling... Why? Because my FAVORITE THING is highlighted on the cover...

Decoupage.... AKA Mod Podge!

Easy Decoupage Eggs... Spring's Brightest Ideas - Fresh Take on Classics!

Did somebody say MOD PODGE? Yes, she did!

Look at these...

NAPKINS! Yes, use adorable napkins as egg decor???? Stop it! How cute is that!?

This is what I want my Easter brunch table to look like....the template for the little classic bunnies is on the site!

Most of these looked fairly simple and easy...and inexpensive! Can't wait to get my Mod Podge out and glam up some eggs! Click Here to head over there and get some ideas.

All images are from www.marthastewart.com

post signature

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I love Mod Podge. And my husband loves it even more. Yes, he does:)

Muthering Heights said...

Those are some great ideas - I may have to give the Mod podge eggs a try!

Linda said...

Love love love Mod Podge! My mom and I did some eggs like that when I was younger. I had totally forgotten about that ... thanks for posting this! I see this project in my near future ... Easter is just around the corner.

Robynn's Ravings said...

I used to Mod podge when I was younger. Haven't even thought about it in years. My craft outlet is suffering. I don't do anything artsy and I won an art scholarship once!

Amy W said...

Looks fun! Perhaps the girls & I can do a little project while they are off from school for a few days for conferences next week.

momof3girls said...

Ohh,, I love to modge podge too!! How cute using napkins - thanks for sharing!

Cecily R said...

Oh my GOSH! They are adorable!

My uncraftiness will probably underboil the eggs, break them and mod podge myself to the table, but I can dream, right? I so want to try this!

The Rambler said...

I love Martha too...but I ain't her either. :)

Thanks a bunch for visiting me on my SITS day!

xoxo The Rambler @ My Rambling Thoughts.

Katie said...

You are so lucky to have gotten in on the free Martha subscription, I missed that by a day just like the one you did for Cherish Bound and man was I bummed! I love the decoupaged eggs with napkins how fab.