Thursday, March 12, 2009

9 Principles & 12 Values - You Are Not Alone

If you're visiting my blog through a search or a link from another blog/site, WELCOME! I'm going to be starting an entire series of lessons, ideas, and resources to teach your family about the 12 Values. Visit my blog and don't forget to check out Cherish Bound as we give you the tools and to help your family!

Photobucket


As I buzzed around bloggy world this morning I came up on Jerri's blog "Simple Sweet Home". I was caught up by this picture...

I was intrigued and continued to read... To my surprise it was about Glenn Beck (yep, I'm a big fan) and the "movement" he is starting. I totally related to her post because we both agree that we don't like to put politics and other world issues mixed in with our blogs. That's not what I like to blog about or what I want in my blog... But this is different. As Jerri said on her blog, this is an "independent/nonpolitical project". For me, this isn't about Republicans vs. Democrats, it's about what is right. So I'm sharing...for my own personal selfish reasons.

This movement "We Surround Them" is about real principles and values. The same ones that have been lost, corrupted and ignored...probably why things are falling apart. I'm one of those people that believes you can pass as many bills as you want, put whomever you'd like in office, but unless we have principles and values in place, NOTHING WILL HELP US!!! I'm a Christian, and I believe in God...and I know that in order for "change" to happen we must go back to the sacred basics this nation was built upon.

I'm a concerned mother, wife, and American. I'm worried.

Glenn is promoting "You Are Not Alone"...we can do something. He is encouraging Americans who believe in the same basic principles to come together and work together for the sake of the country and demand that government be accountable to the people again.

He says, "If you believe in at least seven of them, then we have something in common."

The Nine Principles

1. America is good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

Along with the 9 Principles he brings the 12 values back into the light:
  • Honesty
  • Reverence
  • Hope
  • Thrift
  • Humility
  • Charity
  • Sincerity
  • Moderation
  • Hard Work
  • Courage
  • Personal Responsibility
  • Gratitude
Make sure you visit his site, tune into his show weekdays @ 5pm on FoxNews and get involved. And don't forget tomorrow's kickoff, Friday, March 13, You Are Not Alone Special.

We Are Not Alone...

post signature

10 comments:

larkswing said...

Thanks for sharing! As I have surfed, I have noticed more folks speaking out about their concern. I think your post is great to help people who want to do something positive find this "movement."

I truly believed we would see change, not necessarily the change pushed in campaigns,but a change in how we as citizens were involved in our countries future. For us start keeping up with what polititions were really doing and have a say in it - and this might be it - guess we had to see it getting worse in order to wake us up and get us motivated to bring it back.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Thanks for the link, Tara. I went over there but will peruse more when I have time. I don't watch much TV so I've never even heard of him.

Robynn's Ravings said...

TARA!! Thanks for signing up to follow! What a nice surprise. :)

Missy said...

Just posted a much similiar post! Great blog!

Chris said...

Hey, great post!

It's about time someone in media stood up and set an example for America. I have to admit that Glenn sometimes goes overboard on his assumptions, but for the few exceptions I share his opinions.

So much so that today I started my own related blog: RightWingRag.com

Take a look if you like, I would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative.

Oh, and I hope you don't mind if I link to your site from mine.

Thanks again,
Chris in Missouri.
RightWingRag.com

Anonymous said...

Owning something that is made by hermes is the dream of every person who knows about fashion. handbag hermes not only make designer handbags but they also have a line of fragrances and jewelry that is amazing. This company is known for handbags hermes quality and it’s famous for its fashion.
Most typically it will be done with three layers, and the Chanel bag will pass the needle and thread through all layers. After Chanel Wallet the needle will be brought back up. This process is repeated again and again wherever on the piece the Chanel handbags is needed or wanted. The stitches can be purely functional or elaborate and decorative. Quilting is done on replica Chanel handbags , bed spreads, clothing, and a variety of accessories.
It has become very convenient to lose the weight by using lida daidaihua . These daidaihua can show good results if taken under the supervision of the doctors and physicians. lida slimming is the most effective. This weight reduction slimming capsule is said to have magical effects related to weight reduction. It has been declared the best weight loss capsule for the year 2008. slimming capsules is said to burn the calories in a natural manner thus help in reducing the weight. On the other hand, it also works as a very effective appetite suppressant. lida tends to control the food cravings that eventually results in a lower intake of calories.
uk Tiffany is now known to everyone in the world. silver necklaces has become the brand color of tiffany. Blue represents purity. Tiffany pendants is pure and marvelous. The light blue colored packaging is still used with modern tiffany Hermes Handbags & co jewelry. silver pendants is a very well known designer company which produces many different types of products.

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring article you wrote! I totally like the useful eyeglasses info shared in the article.
I like your ideas about glasses online and I hope in the future there can be more bright articles like this from you.
I totally agree with you on the point of prescription eyeglasses. This is a nice article for sure.
I am glad to read some fantastic ray ban article like this.
It has been long before I can find some useful articles about ray ban sunglasses. Your views truly open my mind.
Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about sunglasses.
Good job for writing this brilliant article of cheap prescription sunglasses.
I greatly benefit from your articles every time I read one. Thanks for the prescription sunglasses info, it helps a lot.
Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about rx sunglasses.
Excellent point here. I wish there are more and more bifocals glasses articles like that.
Great resources of bifocals eyeglasses ! Thank you for sharing this with us.
Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more progressive eyeglasses articles from you.
We share the opinion on progressive glasses and I really enjoy reading your article.
You have given us some interesting points on mens glasses. This is a wonderful article and surely worth reading.
I appreciate your bright ideas in this men's glasses article. Great work!
This is the best mens eyeglasses article I have ever found on the Internet.
I love this mens eyewear article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.
I really like this men's eyewear article, and hope there can be more great resources like this.
Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of cheap eyewear with us, they are helpful.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of cheap eyewear with us, they are helpful.
This discount glasses article is definitely eye-opening and inspiring.
We share the opinion on glasses and I really enjoy reading your article.
I really like this optical article, and hope there can be more great resources like this.
This is the best discount eyeglasses article I have ever found on the Internet.
Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more discount eyewear articles from you.
I greatly benefit from your articles every time I read one. Thanks for the brille info, it helps a lot.
It has been long before I can find some useful articles about brillen. Your views truly open my mind.
Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of kunststoffbrille with us, they are helpful.
I appreciate your bright ideas in this kunststoff-brille article. Great work!
This gleitsichtbrille article is definitely eye-opening and inspiring.
You have given us some interesting points on gleitsichtbrillen. This is a wonderful article and surely worth reading.
Good job for writing this brilliant article of fashion brillen.
I love this fashion brille article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.
Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about ray ban sunglasses online.
I am glad to read some fantastic ray ban aviator article like this.
Excellent point here. I wish there are more and more ray ban wayfarer articles like that.
Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about ray ban wayfarer sunglasses.
What an inspiring article you wrote! I totally like the useful eyeglasses info shared in the article.
I like your ideas about glasses online and I hope in the future there can be more bright articles like this from you.
I totally agree with you on the point of ray ban. This is a nice article for sure.
Great resources of ray ban sunglasses! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Christmas gift said...

Christmas gift
Christmas gift ideas

The purse blog represents a cyberspace fashion magazine publisher that is committed to designer bags information.

With the help of this stop, used handbags will have more room for profit and also can be accessible for those who badly need them.

Burberry fake handbag is not rarely seen, yet that the Burberry fake handbag in our mall just stands out in the crowd.

ghd said...

Would you like to get famous stars' hairstyles with GHD,Would you like to wear famous Hollywood stars christian louboutin shoes and MBT shoes ? Here we can help you. All good with big discounts and free shipping. You can also find nfl jerseys with cheapest price , UK Tiffany with high quality , Skechers ,Ed Hardyand shape ups shoes with free shipping. what could be more worthwhile?