I don't know where to begin! After attending the Cherish Bound convention and Timpanogos Storytelling Festival I can honestly say that I have once again come away a different person. I'm a better woman mentally, spiritually, as well as in business...and even physical. (Yes, lots of great food). My soul is so enlightened and my heart is full of gratitude and excitement!
My experience is almost impossible to explain or share. It's one of those "things" in life that can't be told, it must be felt. This will take a few days to tell, but I'm going to do my best to make sure I can share as much as possible with as much detail and feeling as I can. Just sitting here thinking about those days makes my throat get a slight lump and my eyes are starting to water. AHH! Get a grip Tara!
First I'll start with Convention....day one. Our convention was held in the beautiful Mt. Timpanogos Park in Provo Canyon, Utah, among the beautiful white tents that housed 1000's of story lovers and tellers celebrating the 19th anniversary of the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival. We had our own large tent nestled in the corner of the park where we met as consultants with our company's founders and corporate directors.
I arrived a day early and made my way to the empty park to meet with the 4 other national leaders and founders for a private leadership training. As I stood on a small hill in the park that overlooked the valley I couldn't believe what I was doing. I literally thought in my mind, "How lucky are you? How did I ever deserve such an opportunity?" I shook my head and found my way to our meeting under a beautiful wood pavilion that was warmed by the mountain sun where we officially began our conference.
The theme of our convention this year was "This is the moment...a moment you won't forget." Those words have never been more true! I kept repeating them in my head over and over again. I knew the very second I walked up the path and into the park that this would be a moment I would never, ever forget.
Day one of our scheduled convention was opened by our Co-Founder, Carol Rice. I could post 100 posts and still not be able to tell you how truly amazing this woman is. But for what it's worth, she is someone that I will continually strive to be like in all ways. She ranks among my most favorite people in the world...probably a hero. She spoke on "Ten Lessons from the Trail". She shared her personal experiences that she's had while hiking weekly in the local mountains. She related all of her trail lessons to those we can use within our business. Her simple lessons had a huge impact on all who listened in. She shared this beautiful quote..."There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few that will catch your heart...pursue them."
We were instructed on great basic business practices, one of the many great bonuses Cherish Bound consultants are blessed with. The business is basic and efficient, but the support from corporate makes it that much more attainable.
One of the most anticipated agenda items is always the unveiling of new products and programs! Oh, that's my favorite! I love to see what they've been working on and the amazing product ideas that they come up with. Just when I think we've tapped into every part of story, family, and publishing, they release more! Here is a list of new Cherish Bound product and tools that were officially released on Friday, August 28.
- Music Story Starter: This is the first of 3 Story Starters in the new Hobbies Collection. This story starter helps you to share your appreciation for music no matter your talent level and guides you through the writing process.
- Scouting Story Starter: Tell your scouting stories and memories with ease.
- My Collection (Series of Firsts): Only someone who shares your passion can truly understand what your collection means to you. Help your family and friends gain an appreciation for your obsession with this mini story starter.
- Places I've Called Home (Series of Firsts): This new addition to the Legacy Collection helps you remember all those special places and special times. The place combined with the moment is what made it important and deserves to be shared.
- Favorites Journal: Our "favorites" define us; they help us claim our identity. Knowing our favorites reminds us that joy can be found in the little, simple things of life.
- Gratitude Journal: There's no question that an attitude of gratitude is beneficial. This small book will help you create a habit of gratitude in no time at all.
Continued tomorrow...Day two of convention and the storytelling.