Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Convention....Continued Part 2

I feel like I'm bouncing all over the place....I realized that one of the most important parts of the entire experience was having the opportunity to spend time with other consultants, friends and family. We really have become a "family" in every sense of the word. Every time we all get together it reconfirms my thoughts that we are all supposed to be in this exact moment together. We are all where we're supposed to be. A bonus for me is that I get to spend time with my dearest friend and SIL. As a fellow consultant and national leader we have much to talk about when it comes to Cherish Bound, but even better we get a reason to spend time together and chat about our families and all the crazy things going on in life. It was so much fun to fly in a day early and just spend some "mommy" time together, chatting and laughing over an enormous amount of food!

As a "family" we experienced some highs and lows together in those few days. When one of our own is up we're all up, but when one of us is down, we feel it too. Wednesday, the day I flew to SLC, I had just got off my connecting flight in Atlanta when I received a phone call from a fellow consultant and very good friend that one of our consultants/friend/leader had just been involved in a very, very serious car accident and wouldn't be making convention. When I heard the news I stopped dead in my tracks. After getting all the details and feeling completely sick to my stomach and called my SIL and told her of the horrible news. We talked about how sad we were for our friend and couldn't believe that this happened to her...they day before she was to leave for convention!! If you could get a glimpse into this consultants heart you would understand why we were so sad for her. She's the warmest and friendliest person I have ever met. We would most certainly feel her void.

I had a long flight to SLC and had a few hours to digest the news. I saw the big picture of how our little network of consultants has created a powerful bond. We are not only financially invested in each other, but more importantly we're emotionally and spiritually invested in each other's lives. These women are people that will be in my life FOREVER! Had I not taken this opportunity when it was presented to me 4 years ago there's a chance that I would have never met any of these amazing people. And if that news wasn't horrible enough...there was more.

Us leaders were informed that one of our most important directors and corporate support had just found out she had breast cancer. Again, my little world stopped spinning and I seriously felt like a knife cut my heart. I sobbed inside. Why? I don't understand it all...It's not fair. But I watched her as she continued on with the events and details of the weekend and as crazy as it sounds, she gave ME strength. Her beautiful smile has made me want to work harder! For her, I will make sure Cherish Bound becomes the dream that is supposed to be.

The roller coaster of emotion that weighed on me was up and down, and up and down......No wonder I was completely exhausted when I got home. Again, another reason that home-based businesses for women are truly lifetime experiences. When you put your heart and soul into something you love you are forever changed....by the product and the people.

No comments: