Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday Tradition #18

I can't believe another school year is coming to an end! They just keep coming and going faster and faster and faster....this one went by way too fast for me. It seems the more kids we have and the more they do the faster it all seems to go by. Ah....I'm sort of sad about it. This will be a big transition for our family this summer. We're moving right when school is out, kids will start new schools, one will be going into high school, one will be tackling middle school alone without the older sibling, one will be starting kindergarten.....lots of milestones coming up!

With the sadness of change there is much more happiness and excitement that school is just simply going to be OUT! We love the break of course, but summer rocks! We have one tradition we do as a family the very last day of school every year. I've done it since I was a kid and I just kept it going with my own family...I guess that's why it's called a tradition, right? Anyway, it's simple, but every day on the last day of school it's usually always a minimum day so everyone is always hungry when school gets out. We wait for each child to get out of school and we all meet for lunch. Dad included...he meets us too. We go and have a big lunch somewhere comfortable and fun that we can just sit and talk about the craziness that just ended, the fun memories, the summer that's ahead and also reflect on the goals that were accomplished...or not accomplished. It's casual and comfortable and it wraps up the emotion of ending school nicely.

It's funny though...our table started out for 3 and 4 and now we need a table for 7! So many memories and traditions in the making.... I LOVE IT!

No comments: