Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why I Love Working From Home!

After reading Kelly McCausey's reasons about why she loves working from, I realized that I too not only love working from home, but have my reasons why I wouldn't trade it for the world. If you would have asked me 10 or even 15 years ago what I'd be doing now, I would have never said that I'd be a work at home mom. That thought would have never, ever crossed my mind.

But today, I am a work-at-home-mom; otherwise known as a WAHM. There reasons why I have to work, need to work, want to work, whatever you want to call it, but there are only a few reasons why I do it and who I do it for. It's for my five kids and my sweet husband. As much as I would fight tooth and nail to never-ever-ever work in some dreaded office, I could do if I had too, but only if I didn't have my five kiddos and hubby. Having them in my life, at the top of my list makes me want to be at home and take care of them first...while running a business from home.

I have children ranging in ages from 14 to 1-year-old twins and I don't want to miss anything. I don't want to miss their soccer games after school. I don't want to miss their sweet smiling faces when I pull up in the carpool line and their eyes pop with excitement and they run to greet me. I don't want to miss our few quite moments we spend together just before everybody makes their mad dashes out the door to the bus. I don't want to miss it....I want to be a part of every moment and live in it with them.

This too is my life, right now, and I'm so blessed to have it! I'm blessed to be able to run kids to a bus stop and then run back into my office to answer emails, jump on a conference call, and help my customers write their stories. Take a break to grab a bag of Cheerios and a sippy cup of apple juice and change a few diapers....and then run back in the office during nap time and jump back into business mode. Another break to turn on the crock pot so my hubby can have a warm dinner and few other phone calls with adorable twins causing a ruckus in my office. Thank goodness for mute! How exciting is that? Some might call it crazy, hectic, insane, but I call it life. It's my amazing life and I love WORKING FROM HOME! Cherish Bound offers me the freedom to be a mom and wife first and then run a successful business.

So why do you love working at home? Grab this meme image, write a post to share your why (with pics of your who!) on your blog and link back to this post. Don't forget to share your link in the comment section.

No comments: