Monday, July 7, 2008

Some of My Hero's and People of Influence

There are so many people in my life that I would consider "Hero's". My mom of course is at the top of my list..."Super" hero is more like it. CP (she knows who she is) is probably one of my most favorite people on earth..."bestest" friend ever and a true hero in every sense of the word. I adore Carol Rice, co-founder of Cherish Bound, and rank her at the top as well. Their influences and examples of being a hero are all different, yet each one has touched my life and changed it in more ways than one.

Another personal hero is Nelson Mandela. Wow! What an incredible man! If only the world could have a few more Nelson's around...what an amazing place it would be. The stories I've read about him and the faith that he exhibits on a daily basis put him on my Hero Pedestal!

Just recently I added another hero to my list...Christopher Columbus. Now I know that may seem odd, but recently someone special shared a quote by him with me. It's one of those goose bump quotes.

"Our Lord unlocked my mind, sent me upon the sea, and gave me fire for the deed. Those who heard of my enterprise called it foolish, mocked me, and laughed. But who can doubt but that the Holy Ghost inspired me?"
My spine tingled as I read it and I became so intrigued by this historical hero. Not only because of his faith, but his will and determination to go the way he was intended to go. I don't think many people realize what a hero he was....and still is to this nation, and to this world!

Cherish Bound has great Mini Story Starter for $1.50 called "My Hero's and People of Influence". I love it because it's simple, small and "mini". It has 10 questions, a sample story and ideas to help you get your "Hero" story started.

"This mini will help you develop a story about influences-those people who have shaped your beliefs, development and character. Your heroes might be sports, religion, politics, entertainment, or even super-heroes. Think about school and music teachers, coaches, and professors. Maybe your hero is your best friend, partner, sibling, cousin, roommate, companion or neighbor. Is there a professional hero such as a boss, partner, co-worker, or mentor that has been a significant influence? Our everyday heroes are everywhere. Use this mini and the Lessons About Life story starter to discover your hero and their special traits." --Cherish Bound

Cherish Bound also offers a beautiful designer book just for the "Hero's" in your life. Look around because there are "Hero's" all around you....thank them.

No comments: