- This is my 400th post!
- My Birthday is next week - July 23rd
- My Blog Birthday is Monday
- My Wedding anniversary is mixed in with it all too
So I'm doing a big fat yummy Giveaway in celebration of all these things...
- To survive 400 posts, even if I blog to myself is huge...for me! How many hours have at sat staring at this blog?? Too many to think about ;o)
- And I love birthdays...
I'm not afraid of turning 35...Yes, I'm 35 next week, can't believe how young I still am! It's incredible...(apparently, I have no idea how old I am. I'm turning 34. Just figured that out - 07/16/09 @ 9:16pm EST.
- My 2nd Blog Birthday is Monday, and again, that's a big deal for me because I have ADD and the only thing I've stuck with longer than this blog is being a wife and mother.
- And of course my wedding anniversary is arriving again....the 15th one! Can't believe we've managed to survive these amazing 15 years....but to be completely happy is worth celebrating! Right?!
Yesterday on my Wordless Wednesday post you saw those YUMMY delicious HOMEMADE cinnamon rolls that I made right? I'm a wannabe baker, and I'm okay with that. I'm finding myself in the kitchen a lot more these days, but I'm loving it, not fighting it. I love to bake. I've always loved to bake, but have been intimidated by mixers, yeast, sifters, temperatures...you know all the "stuff" that goes with baking. Well, I've discovered that it's actually harmless, it's very hard to get hurt baking, and there are amazing products out there that make baking...enjoyable and easy for people like moi!
Cinnamon Rolls happen to one of my most favorite things to EAT! I lose total control when cinnamon rolls arrive...I have NO guilt, NO limits, NO worries. So when I finally made a batch that worked and tasted good all by myself....I had to share and celebrate! I'll share the entire recipe next week.
I'm going to give credit where credit is due though...without these two products ain't NO WAY it was going to happen. I'm wanted for killing yeast all over these parts, so I pretty much gave up on anything that required the use of that small, single-celled plant. Until....I found this!
You CANNOT KILL THIS STUFF! It's "tara-proof"...that's saying A LOT! If you're looking for ways to make baking with yeast more enjoyable and successful, look no further! You must get this yeast! Also, they have GREAT recipes, ideas, and other yeasts for those that need gluten free or specialty yeasts as well over at www.redstaryeast.com
Second...I'm all about making from scratch, but I love buying "mixes". I love having some fun varieties to play around with, but I'm also into building my family's food storage in the event of an emergency, disaster, even a job loss and income change. You just never know...
One of my favorite sites for stocking up on Food Storage is the Food Storage Depot. They have a great selection of Food Storage products AND their prices are very affordable. They have lots to choose from from basics to gourmet and monthly to yearly supplies.
They also have my favorite MIX! Aunt Kate's Quality Roll Mix! That's the amazing mix that helped me make those delicious cinnamon rolls! They have truly revolutionized food storage!
So what am I giving away...Can you smell the rolls??
- Food Storage Depot has generously offered one of my readers a bag of Aunt Kate's Roll Mix.
- The winner will also receive a 16 oz. package of SAF yeast from Lesaffre Yeast Corp. Woo!
- And...the winner will also receive a Mini Cherish Bound Recipe Story Starter from ME
- $29 publishing credit to make your own 5x7 recipe book from ME!
That's right.... The winner will get ALL OF THIS!
So wanna know how you can win ALL OF THIS? There are TONS of way to get in on this!!
1. Leave a comment letting me know what your FAVORITE thing to bake is (1 entry)
2. Follow My Blog (1 entry)
3. Tweet About this Giveaway & leave the link (1 entry)
4. Put my Button on your blog (1 entry)
5. Post about this giveaway on your blog. Make sure you share your favorite thing to bake and then link back here to the McLinky FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES!
Make sure each entry is a separate comment. US Residents only. Giveaway ends on July 22, 2009 at 11:59 pm. I'll announce the big winner on July 23 (my birthday)! Make sure you leave your email in your comments if you don't have a blog or your email in your profile.