A Colorful 4th of July!
I love the 4th of July! It's another event on "my list" that brings out that warm fuzzy little kid excitement in me. There are 1000's of fun 4th of July Family Traditions! Here is one my favorites that we do every year....
We buy a few very large boxes of sidewalk chalk and each of our kids, usually the neighbor kids too, and any cousins or family that happens to be visiting draw HUGE brightly colored sidewalk murals. Up and down the sidewalk in front of our house, up the large driveway and anywhere they can find a piece of cement, they scrambled to draw, color, and create beautiful sidewalk masterpieces.
It's so much fun to see each little square of sidewalk colored so differently and the creative ideas that they come up with! Plus we always end up with a few squares saved for a game of hopscotch too.
Here a few other favorites!
- Homemade ice cream
- Matching 4th of July outfits for the little ones
- The famous berry Fourth of July cake
- Picnics & BBQ's
- "I Love My Country Because....." finish the sentence
- Declaration of Independence 101 (Educate your family)
- Crafts and Projects for decorating and eating (FamilyFun.com)
- And of course.......THE FIREWORKS!!!