Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday Tradition #14



Mother's Day will be here soon and I can't help but think that I'm the one that should be giving my children gifts. This past year with all of our ups and downs and ins and outs, my children have been so resilient and amazing, not to mention just great kids that help around the house and help each other. No, they're not perfect by any means, but they are pretty awesome! Having 2 toddlers roaming the house again has actually been a sweet blessing. I love hearing them make each other giggle and I love listening to my five-year-old boy sing his version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to them. I think this year for Mother's Day I'm going to surprise my five kiddos and my hubby. I just feel so blessed to have them all in my life. Every day I look at them and think wow...how lucky am I? Lucky or blessed, I thank God every day I have them.

So this year for Mother's Day I'm going to wake up before all of them and make their favorite breakfast. I'm going to decorate the table with all of my favorite pictures of us together. I'm going to write each of them a love note and leave it at their place setting and thank them for being such amazing kids and husband. I want them to know that motherhood for me is more than I could have ever hoped or dreamed...it's truly a direct gift from God and I can't help but thank my kids, my hubby and God for letting me be a mommy!

No comments: