Friday, April 18, 2008

Confessions of an Ex-Scrapbooker #9

So this is a continuation of my last "Confessions" post....

My daughter's book is in full progress right now. I've been collecting the letters and emails from her family, friends, and teachers this week. All I can say is I'm touched! I can barely type this without tearing up. I'm reading the letters that her peers, teachers, family and friends are writing and I'm so comforted to know that my daughter is respected and admired. To have these compliments, encouraging words, letters from very private family members who NEVER show emotion (but took the time to tell her how amazing they thought she was) has changed me as a mother. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the craziness of raising 5 kids that I don't stop and smell the roses often enough. And that is what she is...she's that beautiful flower blooming in the midst of a wild field. I'm so excited to give her this book. I hope that she'll read those letters over and over again and remember how amazing she is and how much more she can have. The power of story and the power of encouraging words is what makes a child succeed and be everything they can be.

No comments: