Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Tradition #7

I can't believe Easter is already here! March is supposed to be green with St. Patty's day, but because we have Easter early this year I'd like to share a few Easter Traditions that your family is sure to enjoy.
This tradition started with my family when I was a little girl. I remember doing it with my brother and sister and my mom always had everything set up the Saturday before Easter. She'd get large white construction paper and have us paint cute little Easter and spring pictures all over the paper with paint, markers, glitter, etc. When it dried she'd roll the paper up like an ice cream cone and staple it together. We'd punch two holes on each side of the top of the cone and attach a ribbon or pipe cleaner for a handle and then fill the bottom of the cone with some Easter grass. We'd then fill it with candy and cookies. The best part was when mom broke out the funky bunny ears! Yes, we were then turned into the Cute little Bunnies...WHISKERS and ALL! (I've kept about 80% of this tradition alive in my family....only 80%) We'd "HOP" on over to our neighbors and put the cone on the door knob and then doorbell ditch! Now the door bell ditch was the best part...bunny ears flying, kids tripping, dropping the cones and cookies all over the ground...that was the best part! It wasn't unusual for some neighbors to have a little dirt or something in those cones, but it's a fun tradition, one that I've "sort of" passed on to my kids.

No comments: