Friday, March 21, 2008

Confessions of an Ex-Scrapbooker #7

What do you do with all your children's artwork, awards, report cards? Store them in 40 gallon plastic bins? Are they under your bed? How about the attic or basement? Great places for them, huh? I've always pondered on why we hang on to the cute little noodle art papers and finger paintings that are a collage of black paint. For me it brings back simple, sweet memories....hum...so why do I stash them away, only to look at them when I rearrange the garage or move? It was too much work putting them into scrapbooks and most of the paper never fit in them anyways. After our last move I'd had enough of moving these bins around. So I did something with them. I scanned in my favorites and I let my kids pick out a few and I DUMPED THEM IN THE TRASH! Yes, the garbage man had picked up my so called treasures. But they're not lost....they're saved! I scanned them into my computer, loaded them into my Cherish Bound publishing center and have started creating beautiful artwork books for my kids. No longer will their Picasso-like art be shoved in a web filled garage or under my bed with a family of dust bunnies...no, no more of that. They will be on my shelves, coffee tables and displayed around the house in beautiful books. Finally, a justified place of recognition. Those noodle arts take some time to make...they deserve more than a plastic box.

No comments: