Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday Tradition #36

My mom has officially started a brand new tradition in my home...today! There's nothing more exciting than getting the "ding-dong" of the doorbell and then finding a big gigantic box on the porch! So much fun!!! This box contained some wrapped gifts, GIANT candy canes, fun Christmas Beanie Babies, and.....5 hand sewn Christmas themed pillowcases for my kids!

Yep, that's the new tradition! Some of my friends are 100% domestic diva's (you know who you are) and make themed pillowcases for every holiday. Well, I've never gotten around to it and kind of forgot about that idea...until today! And what's even better about it, I'm going to let my mom surprise us every year with new Christmas pillow cases. I'm going to let her pick the fabric, sew them and even ship them. ;O)

She attached a cute little poem....

December the first starts a magical time,
With all sorts of color, music and rhyme.
Sugar plum fairies will dance in your head
If you'll put this pillowcase on your head!
The reason it's special as you will soon see,
It's been dusted with Christmas fantasy!
Visions of candy canes, Santa and such
Will fill each dream with pleasure so much.
But when comes the time for it to be washed,
Do it quickly so the magic's not lost.

Now break out those sewing machines & get to work!

♥ Tara

3 comments:

heather said...

That a really cute idea! But me and the sewing maching -we have relationship issues. We do.

Sarah said...

I don't have a domestic bone in my body but I think it is a great idea....and will be sure to remember to "suggest" that idea to my mom as future gift idea since she is the seamstress in the family.

IAHIA said...

"ลิเวอร์พูล โครตโหด>> ข่าวฟุตบอล "