Thursday, April 16, 2009

Storytime ♥ Guest Blogger - Heidi Rosenburg

Welcome again, Heidi Rosenburg with Barefoot Books.
Today she highlights a great book and CD!!


The first Barefoot Book I ever read was the Animal Boogie and music CD, this is still my favorite and my best selling book. I play this book in every public story time I ever do, all the kids love it and its easy to see why. My last public story time was on a huge stage with a microphone, the kids absolutely loved dancing round and making all the animal noises.

The tune is wonderful, its
has a great beat. There is a lot of repeats and rhymes in the words so the children quickly learns the words. The best thing about the tune is there are obvious actions the children have to do. Each animal has its own version of the boogie woogie song, such as shake like the bear, swing like money, stomp like the elephant, flap like the bird, leap like the leopard and slither like the snake. Finally you have to sway.

The illustrations in the book are bold and colorful. There are children in the book hiding and dancing with the jungle animals. The children represent different cultures
which encourages children to be friends with everyone.

This is my number one recommendation when ever a preschool or kindergarten teachers visits my stall. If you know a little one who likes dancing this is the book for them. Every time I have playgroup for my 3 going on 4 year old all her friends ask for the music.


The book and CD is just $9.99 in paperback (also available in hardback). There is an accompanying jigsaw puzzle also available. The book is also available in Spanish
Cha-cha-cha en la selva. Please look at the product page of the animal boogie, there are 3 free down loadable
activities associated with the book including masks to make and party ideas.

post signature

1 comment:

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

We have this book and CD, and love it!